Monday, July 21, 2008

First post

I have always been interested in strength and how the beautiful human body moves and functions. My background in sports and fitness is not much until my adult life. I went to the gym in college and ran and did PT and played racquetball, and it all worked for me at the time, except for those nasty shin splints. After that was cosmetic, bodybuilding type workouts.

In 2002 a friend introduced me to Pavel's "Power to the People" which changed my thinking and direction. Through further exploration, I got a DragonDoor kettlebell in 2004 with an "RKC" book.

Life has been busy since then. With a career change and a growing family, It has been necessary to stay strong, clear-minded, conditioned, and flexible, and with very unpredictable and limited time to train. I need something that will take care of everything, take little time, and have speedy recovery. Obviously, the Russian Kettlebell, properly lifted, gets #1 on my list for all of the above.

In 2007 I had the honor to train at the American Kettlebell Club coach certification with world champion Valery Fedorenko. His experience and philosophy has been proven time and again that classical kettlebell lifting with a solid training program is the best "minimalist" fitness routine. It is about perfection through reps, making every rep a purposeful, effecient movement. The classical sport of kettleebll lifting done by the masters is hypnotic, a beautiful display of the ultimate strength-endurance sport.

I invite you to cut through the fat of other programs and explore this minimalist philosophy. Doing fewer things better may be just what you need.

2 comments:

Andy Erickson said...

Tim,

It's great to see you in the blogosphere! Your coaching and guidance have helped me progress faster than I thought possible. I look forward to continue working with you.

Howie B said...

I've added you to my blog roll. I like your philosophy and insight!